Thursday, December 26, 2019

AFTER COMMON PASSION



After common passion

The feeling spirals away,

and its weakness

Makes passion into mere joy against it.



How will I accomplish that idea?

It is one million miles away.

And yet, I know it is here,

Inside, beating with my heart.



Where is that perfection?

Behind a veiled invisible block

That will not fall like so many obstacles

Before?



Where is that realization?

That glaring, blinding,

Earth-shattering realization

That can save this man

From inner death?



Where is that strength?

That hurricane conviction

That I live by,

But cannot apply

In this final battle

For my life?



There is no curse,

No word, no language

That can express what I desire.



Because I

Am the only person I know

Who seeks that idea,

That perfection,

That realization,

And that strength;

And who means it more

Than common passion can approach.


No comments:

Post a Comment